Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tempus fugit

These holidays are turning out to be just as great as I hoped.  There was one slightly hairy moment when I was playing with Dan's chainsaw and my scarf crept out of my cardy and into the engine bit (this is why you must always, always wear a Swanny outside, children).  I thought a branch had fallen on my neck.  Dan thought I'd broken my neck.  Turns out I'm just thick sometimes, and lucky to have a red whip mark on my neck and nothing else.  Apart from that small contretemps, things have been dandy and we have had lots of winter fun.  The best is today though - we had amazing storms at midnight, sonic boom thunder and lightning that lit up the whole street.  Daniel said we couldn't go to the beach to watch because we have kids and have to be responsible sometimes, hard but true.  Am thinking now we could have woken the baby up and taken her, rats!  Oh well, at least we have cool friends, like the ones who were coming for lunch at 2pm.  They wanted it to be late so they could be on time (they're Tongan, we get it) and then they called at 3pm and texted at 3:30...

I just love it.  We have time, we can do this.

I probably don't need to add this, but just in case - obviously we couldn't wait to eat, else we would die, so we went to watch the semis (go Rarawa) and had a small amuse-bouche of hot dogs and hot chips.  That was around 2.  We know our friends of old.  They might arrive in time for dinner.

1 comment: