So, when I was (slightly) younger I used to secretly worry about going to heaven because I feared that playing a harp on my little pink cloud would quickly pall. Really I should have spent my time worrying about getting there in the first place but hei aha. I don't worry about the first problem since I remembered what C S Lewis says in The Last Battle about the next life being like the transition from termtime to holidays: freedom and rest, summer stretching out ahead of you with its myriad possibilities; a new and wonderful chapter, the most exciting beginning of an amazing story you are part of, where every succeeding chapter just gets better and better.
I feel a bit like that about these holidays. We're not going to Auckland, we're staying home and enjoying our delightful children and we began on Saturday by having fish and chips for lunch, going to Hihi and visiting the River of Life garden centre on the way home to buy (more) daphne. Sorry about the phone photo - no and no, Jemima hasn't lost her looks, it's just an unfortunate snap and Dan is not eating salad, it's the (studiously ignored) garnish for his oysters.
It's all gloriously about to begin...

No comments:
Post a Comment