Sunday, May 6, 2012

The official excuse is the old Princess Te Puea special, When I'm Not Working I Sleep. Which was kind of true for the first week or so but actually life calmed down a lot after that and really, I could have made the time to write/call my cousin Geoff/plant some lettuce etc. So, sorry about that, and no Geoff you don't smell, it's that you walk funny (kidding!) but we had an Easter weekend in Coolangatta to enjoy, house to find and furnish, and fifty thousand markets to check out. Also, fifty thousand Ikea boxes to dispose of which is a nice way to get to know your neighbours, waving as you furtively stuff things in their wheelie bins. So, living in Queensland.

Love being near the CBD, places like Southbank where we took the possum yesterday to see the Wiggles - Greg still can't dance and they're all worryingly thin; but they deserve to be on the rich list, they so get little kids. I will digress further to admit I spent a fair bit of the show in tears.

Child in coma after Wiggles OD
As you may know, kids take things to the shows, roses for Dorothy and bones for Wags. There are big explanations about how the Wiggles can't stop for photos during collection, but yesterday Anthony took ages to return to the stage and the others had to ad lib a couple of songs to cover it. He was having photos with one of the most severely disabled kids I've ever seen, making him laugh and dancing for him, and when he left he hugged him and the kid was so beside himself with joy he was banging his head against the wall. The Dad couldn't stop crying, and neither could I.

 
Also, markets. And, fabulous places to eat out. Museums and art galleries.

Small people at museums and art galleries.  Awesome aunts who take small people to museums and galleries.
 

1 comment:

  1. I thought their fruit salad song was pretty good, but now I'm a proper fan, and my favourite isn't Jeff anymore, it's Anthony. May The Wiggles live long and prosper. (And I'm glad you're back in the blogosphere!)

    ReplyDelete