Saturday, December 10, 2011
Another busy weekend
It was worth every cent to see Queenie's face when she saw the Christmas tree - she stopped and stared, just gazed up at the angel for ages and then scuttled off to the corner of the room to see it from another angle. Guess she didn't register last year's effort, which is a shame because Daniel and I almost came to blows over it being too tall for our house (he was right, of course) and I put my shoulder out decorating the top part, hanging off the ladder like a question mark. Twelve feet is a lot of tree. This year we went for six instead and boy, it was so easy I could have done it under general anaesthetic. So last night she ate her dinner beside the tree, eyes huge with wonder, and then did her Advent activity with Mama and her Dad - watching Polar Express while I made pizza and drank 720ml of a bottle of wine. Mum asked for a glass with her pizza and I poured out the remaining two tablespoons with a flourish - no surprise that P1 was undercooked and P2 overdone. You get that on a Friday night. Tonight it'll be fush and chups, I'm reading Pam Ayres' memoir and it seems apt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment