Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012

Things looked so promising, they really did.  We cleaned out the study and relocated it in the living part of the garage and I had this lovely airy space to write in with plenty of approach warning before people actually arrived.  But Christmas happened, and then the sun came and the hell, I don't really know where I am, except that it's a ways back from where I should be.  Getting back will be hard, especially as the Christmas visitors maxed out the broadband (60GBs in a week, nothing short of amazing) and we're on dial-up for another 3 weeks.  Makes looking up articles painful.

However, I choose to count my blessings and list my resolutions for this year which are going okay-ish so far.
  1. Remember that an hour's sleep before midnight is worth two, after.  
  2. Banish the Booze Fairy from time to time.  She's a friend but she doesn't have to come over every day.
  3. Eat mindfully.  Not less, necessarily.  
  4. Reduce swearing (this is part of Dan's Christmas present)
  5. Finish this !@#$%^&* thesis
  6. Negotiate that fine line between comfort and safety - say yes more
  7. Move a bit.  Consistently. Aaannd...
  8. Learn some Spanish!  Woot

1 comment:

  1. Bueno! I think an hours sleep after four pm costs two hours after nine; you might like to add that in your calculations. Also, missy makes "bum" sound worse than a lot of swears; you should ask her for some more alternatives. I reckon a good "shuck" clears the air nicely.

    ReplyDelete