I really am the most crap blogger in the Southern hemisphere. I can't help it, I just am. And you have to think that when you're writing words that make even you fall into a coma of boredom as they flick up from keyboard to screen that really, the best course would be to preserve a dignified silence.
Of course, in case you doubted for a second, I have been engaged in herculean, world-changing activities during the interregnum. Paramount amongst these is my avid transatlantic tracking of Lyin' Ryan's ascent. (Who do I thank here? Tea Party? Crazy Republicans who clearly put sociopathic and stupid-making drugs in their candidates' drink bottles? I don't know. But thank you). Particularly grateful for the observation that if Sarah Palin lied about her marathon times it would be because she couldn't count. LR is just lying for kicks, a la In Cold Blood. Awesome. Read that again a couple of weeks ago, absolutely convinced myself that Perry was in the hallway and consequently had to call out to Daniel to escort me from bedroom to bathroom. I am almost forty years old. I ask you. In preparation for the upcoming and very important10th Browncoat anniversary I have watched Serenity approximately once a week since May. How, how, how can a piece of utter shite like Castle, which I really think exists just as a cruel reminder that Nathan Fillion was once Mal Reynolds and is now Elvis c.1977, make FIVE seasons and Firefly not even one? Naturally this does not hinder my third activity, checking obsessively on the release date in Australia of Castle season 5. Also I have been meaning to update my CV for about a month. And I have of course been going to work, berating myself for leaving a National-led country for an LNP-led state; yet wishing I was the recipient of a redundancy notice and gold-plated handshake (a woman in my team got two years' salary. Nice work if you can get it. Awesome VSP savings there Campbell Newman) and taking my delightful child for rides on the ferry.
It is a full life, even when I am practising silent treatment I am probably off in the ether, singing this with my rhubarb.
Thank goodness you're back! I felt like Colleen, checking to see every other day. We are giving thanks for Republican candidates this year too, but we are mad at NZ for not having The Daily Show anymore. I like your song very much. We like singing Don't Know Why (Y Didn't Come).
ReplyDeletePS What is Browncoat? And what is Serenity?